Thursday, July 1, 2010

Our trip to Washington


Jacob and I went out to the West coast for the first time to visit my family. On the way there, we flew through KC. My dad met us there and we then flew together to Portland. It was very nice to have someone to help me with Jake on the plane. Jake did a great job on the plane rides. He slept most of the time and didn't have any major crying!
No one but my parents knew I was coming, so it was a lot of fun surprising everyone. We were able to drive to Yakima, WA to visit my grandparents. It was nice to be able to introduce their first great-grandchild to them. While I was there I was able to go to a baby shower for my sister-in-law Jen and a bridal shower for my cousin Jacqueline. Jacob was also able to meet most of my aunts, uncles and cousins. We spent a few days at my parents cabin on Harstine Island.
It was a great trip and we miss everyone!!





There was another baby sitting behind us on the plane who was fussy, so my dad and I put these noise canceling headphones on Jacob. He liked listening to the music.

Jacob and I surprising Stacey!
Matt meeting Jacob for the first time. Getting some practice before the arrival of baby Jackson!
Jacob was so sweet and smiley on our trip. He laughed for the first time when Uncle Matt was making noises at him. It was the most precious thing.


Meeting Great-grandma JoAnn for the first time.

Stacey, Jacob and I hanging out on the beach.
Me and my sweet baby boy.

What a life... taking a nap on the beach.















No comments:

Post a Comment