Wednesday, July 28, 2010

4 months

I am so amazed that Jacob is 4 months old already. We went for his 4 month check up yesterday and his Dr. said he was doing great. He had a small hole in his heart when he was born but yesterday, Dr. Long couldn't hear it anymore. We will still have to go back to the cardiologist in September, but it most likely closed on its own like they thought it would.

Here are a few things he has been up to this month....

- he has started rolling over from his back to his stomach.

- he loves playing in his jumperoo

-Jake is sleeping about 12 hours at night, and wakes up once during that time to eat. (I am a very lucky mommy)

- He is 18.5 lbs and 27.5 inches. Dr. Long said he is in the >99%.

- Jake is so happy and smiles all the time. I get some laughs out of him sometimes too.

-He is a drool machine.

- He also loves sucking on his hands/fingers. He tries to stick his entire fist in his mouth. He won't take a pacifier, but will put himself to sleep by sucking on his hand.

-Jake went swimming for the first time and absolutely loved it! He kicked around like crazy. We will be going to the pool more often.

-His hair is falling out! It is coming out mainly in the front, so he looks like a balding old man! His new hair is definitely coming in blond.

Jacob is growing so fast. I can't wait to see what he will be up to the next month!


Playing in "johnny jump up"

Jacob with his daddy. Such handsome men!


Such a chubby little guy. I love it!!! I think by the look on his face, he gets really annoyed with all the pictures I take of him.

Such a busy boy, playing with all his toys.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Leah, Jacob is SO cute! I like hearing about what he's been up to lately. This is a neat blog. It's hilarious that he's a drooling machine. I've definitely seen that before. It's like waterfalls pour out of baby's mouths sometimes! ha. It's great to hear the the hole in his heart may have closed up on its own and that he is right on target with his weight and height! I can't believe he's sleeping 12 hours at night! That's amazing! You ARE a lucky mom! ha. Glad to hear everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete