Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jacob's birth story

Kirk holding Jacob for the first time. Jacob loves Kirk so much. Each time Kirk talks to him, Jacob just looks right up at him. It is so sweet.
Holding my man right after he was born.
It is amazing how you can love someone so much after knowing them for a few minutes.

At the hospital waiting for Jacob to arrive.


I had been on bed rest for a few days when I went to my Dr's appt on 3/24. I knew there was a chance that I would be induced that day. My blood pressure was still elevated, so Dr. Norman said that today was the day to have my baby. I was excited to meet my man, but nervous about having to be induced. My mom had come into town a few days prior, so she and I went over to the hospital and were admitted while Kirk finished up at work. The nurses started my IV and the pitocin at 1pm on 3/24. Dr. Norman had warned me that it could be a long process, but I had no idea how long it would actually be. I had Jacob Anthony on 3/25 at 4:52pm after 28 hours. It was very long and exhausting, but once I held my man for the first time, I forgot about everything. He was so perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment